Windows 10 comes with Windows Media Player as well as the Groove Music app and both are pretty decent, but they are incapable of playing many formats and also lack the tools that power users crave.
Keeping the diverse needs of users in mind, I have compiled a list of the 10 best music players for Windows that you can find right now. So let’s get straight to the point and check out what these music players bring and what sets them apart.
The minimalist design of this software pairs particularly well with the dark and light themes of Windows 10, and its user interface is one of the cleanest I’ve seen in a music player.
This app can play songs in a wide range of formats such as WAV, MP3, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WMA, APE and M4A / AAC among others.
The settings menu is pretty well decorated too, allowing users to control variables like audio latency, background adjustment tools, and many others.
Dopamine also features Last.fm integration and also offers a nifty lyrics download tool to your collection of songs from sources like MetroLyrics, LyricWiki, etc.
Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8 and 7
Download Dopamine ( Free )
It is a free audio, radio and video player. Capable of streaming music using AirPlay for iPhone and DLNA for Android.
- Supports Hi-Fi audio, RStereo, Dolbys, DTS multi-channel surround sound in any audio format.
- Play MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC and ALAC audio.
- Listen to radio stations and streaming online games.
- Convert any video to MP3 / AAC format.
- Download Videos and Playlists from the web: Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc.
- Download: 5KPlayer Player (Free)
Foobar2000’s interface is even more minimal and clean than dopamine. But don’t let the simple black and white Windows Phone theme fool you, as the software is loaded with more tools and customization options than any other music player.
- It comes with its own ReplayGain tool.
- An impressive DSP manager.
- FTP and multimedia server tool .
- It supports audio codecs like MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, to name just a few.
- System automatic monitoring library : monitors changes such as adding and removing songs.
- Manage the elements of the audio file, such as cover photos, lyrics, artist photos, etc.
Supported platforms: Windows 10, iOS and Android
Download Foobar2000 ( Free )
MusicBee provides the convenience of enjoying locally stored radio shows, podcasts, and songs in one sleek looking app.
- It features basic music library management and automatic file organization up to.
- It supports codecs such as MP3, M4A, FLAC, Musepack, WavPack and Opus, among others.
- Tag update tool , which automatically identifies tracks with missing tags and updates them.
- Compatible with WinAmp plugins.
- Synchronization of songs and playlists with Android devices .
Supported platform: Windows 10, 8 and 7
Download MusicBee ( Free )
Its strong point is its excellent sound Interneting options and the excellent sound engine section, which features an impressive 18-band equalizer and numerous sound effects such as Reverb, Flanger, Enhancer, etc.
- Allows you to copy music files from an audio CD .
- It supports audio formats such as CDA, AAC, AC3, APE, DTS and FLAC, among others.
- Output support for DirectSound, ASIO and WASAPI, among others.
- Set a timer to turn off your PC at the scheduled time or after finishing a particular song.
- There is also a fairly advanced tag editor that supports standards like ID3v1, ID3v2, APE, and WMA, to name a few.
Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and 7
Download AIMP Music Player ( Free )
Specially designed for those who like to organize every detail of their music collection directly on the home screen.
- Organize audio files into folders based on artists, albums, serial numbers, etc.
- Allows you to import songs from a CD.
- With the Podcatcher functionality it allows you to download podcasts.
- It supports a wide range of audio playback formats such as MP3, AAC (M4A), OGG, WMA, and FLAC, among others.
- Synchronize your music collection with Android and iOS devices.
- Facilitates media sharing with TVs and other devices via UPnP and DLNA.
Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7 and Android
Download MediaMonkey ( Free )
Although it is a lightweight music player with a clean user interface, it supports a wide range of formats and can easily handle more than 100,000 songs without interruptions.
- It also has a radio section to handle your favorite radio shows.
- Its » Smart List » feature automatically creates playlists (Top 25 most played, 5 random albums, etc.) for added convenience.
- it can play audio files of various formats (WMA, M4A, MP3, OGG, MPC, APE, FLAC, etc.) and also supports audio output in standards such as WASAPI and ASIO.
- Import song lyrics from the web
- It integrates a fairly efficient tag editor .
Supported platforms: Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista
Download Winyl ( Free )
One of the most popular music players for Windows, and its popularity has a lot to do with its versatility and simplistic (looking old-fashioned) interface.
- You can enjoy songs from services like Spotify , Grooveshark, SomaFM, etc.
- You can also play songs stored in the cloud ( Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive , among others).
- It plays audio files of various formats, such as FLAC, MP3, and AAC, to name just a few.
- Transcode songs in codecs like MP3, OGG Vorbis, OGG Speex, and FLAC, among others.
- Control remotely with Android phones through a complementary application.
- Its excellent library management algorithm allows you to keep the information and covers of the songs on the web updated .
Supported platforms: Windows, Linux and macOS
Download Clementine ( Free )
iTunes for Windows 10
The version of iTunes for Windows 10 has been officially launched, which can be downloaded from the Windows Store. If you have an Apple Music account, you will undoubtedly enjoy your entire music collection on your PC. All users can enjoy their music library online or offline and the best: No ads.