PC Driver Update Programs are smart utilities that fix driver problems on your system.
These applications download and install missing or out-of-date drivers on the PC, thus improving its stability and performance.
In this article, we are going to share the 11 best free driver programs to download and install on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista, 7 or XP.
- Create restore points before installing drivers.
- Allows automatic driver programming and downloading.
- Supports uninstall and rollback to rectify faulty installations
- Download: IObit Driver Booster
DriverPack solution 18
It is a program that saves you time since it takes the trouble of identifying the drivers manually.
- Finds the necessary drivers on your system automatically
- It allows you to download and install drivers in one click.
- Allows bulk download unlike other driver programs
- It has two downloads: online and Full packs without internet.
- complete information of your system and Drivers.
- Download: DriversPack Solution 18
DriverMax – Detects Drivers
The software scans your PC and detects any drivers that are missing, corrupted, or outdated.
- Self-check for driver updates
- One-click multi-driver updates
- Make a system backup before installing drivers
- Allows system restore in case of problems with the installation of drivers.
- In the Free version it has download limits.
- Download: DriverMax (Official Website)
Since there are a lot of configurations of the same model, Driver Support helps you detect the version.
- It keeps the drivers updated automatically.
- choose Which Drivers you want to download.
- Select the make and model of the computer manually.
- Export drivers to external drives. CD, USB, etc.
- Download: Driver Support
Apart from updating the drivers, it allows you to backup in 4 ways and then restore in one click.
- Make backup copies of the drivers before formatting the PC in 4 modes.
- Restore windows drivers.
- Uninstall device drivers.
- Detect unknown devices.
- Clone Drivers into an .exe package for one-click restore.
- Download: Driver Magician
Search and Update Drivers Program on PC [Free]
Driver Easy – Find Easily
The program does an in-depth scan to find drivers that are corrupted or outdated and allows you to easily install them.
- It allows automatic and even scheduled scanning.
- Provides backup copies of drivers before updating or installing.
- Supports system restore in case something goes wrong during installation
- Download: Driver Easy (Official Website)
Unlike some of its competitors, it also displays the driver size, release date, number, and version to ensure you download the correct drivers.
- Offers uninstall of drivers you don’t need
- Download and install drivers at fast speeds.
- Allows you to backup updated and installed drivers
- Allows you to restore the drivers with the backup.
- Download: Driver Talent (Official Website)
The software finds the latest drivers for your PC using its real-time cloud scanning technology for best results.
- Allows backup and restore of drivers
- Allows you to uninstall outdated system drivers.
- Download: SlimDrivers (Official Website)
WinZip Driver Updater
A solution that has one of the extensive driver databases. They first scan your PC and then discover and install the outdated drivers.
- Skip driver updates.
- Allows you to schedule / automate controller scans.
- Ensures good performance of updated drivers.
- Automatically scans and quickly installs outdated drivers.
- Download: WinZip Driver Updater (Official Website)
Snappy Driver Installer
This is a portable tool that can be carried anywhere using USB sticks and works quite well on all versions of Windows.
- Free and open source unlike others.
- Online and offline versions are available to update drivers.
- Automatically create a system restore point to avoid crashes.
- Download: Snappy Driver Installer (Official Website)
Scans all the hardware on your system and looks for the latest supported drivers.
- Its interface is simple and easy to use.
- Explore and install drivers at high speed.
- Download: DRIVERfighter (Official Website)