The computer continues to be our favorite place to store videos and movies that we collect over time. Perhaps the first argument to make this decision is because we have a storage space that allows us to save any number of videos and movies, even in high definition without problems.
However, to get the best experience you need a good media player that supports the most popular video and audio formats. In addition to the formats, it is important to have options such as subtitles, equalizer, playing DVD videos, playback controls, among other things.
So let’s see the best video players for computers. Some available for Windows XP, 7,8,10, Linux, MacOS, and even Android and iOS devices.
Besides streaming and screen casting, ACG Media Player also offers some customization features like font style selection for subtitles, support for gesture settings (controls for swipe speed, swipe distance, etc.) and visual effects. artistic among others.
You can even customize the buttons above the search bar and pop-up menu, change their order, remove / add new ones, and do much more with ACG Player.
Compatible platform: Windows 10
Download ACG Player ( Free )
5KPlayer has a minimalist design to play video files in a wide range of formats such as AVI, FLV, MKV, MTS / M2TS, H.265 / 264, VP8 / 9 and WebM, among others. But media playback is only one aspect of 5KPlayer’s capabilities.
You can use 5KPlayer to download and convert content from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, and DailyMotion, among others.
5KPlayer also includes the AirPlay function that allows users to stream media from Apple devices to their PC, while its AirMirroring function allows users to stream the screen of iPads / iPhones on their computer, and also record the content. Simply put, 5KPlayer is one of the best psrs Windows video player.
Download 5KPlayer (Free)
Parma Video Player
Personally, I’ve never used a video player whose aesthetic appeal equals or surpasses Parma in its elegance, or the sheer ease of navigating its interface . Parma Video Player is incredibly fast , whether it’s loading all the locally stored media files, or using the playback tools like audio controls, encoding tools, etc.
- Compatible with streaming video through its ‘ Open URL ‘ tool .
- compatible with touch controls such as swipe gestures.
- Compatible with Windows 10.
Download Parma Video Player (Free)
Media Player Classic- Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
It is one of the most popular and top rated video player software . The great diversity of tools and customization elements that it provides are unrivaled.
- It has features such as frame statistics, debugging and the extensive set of processor configuration tools, among others.
- MPC-HC has support for a wide selection of video and audio codec formats from top choices like WAV, WMA, FLV to MPEG (1,2 and 4), AAC and DivX, among others.
- Play back with variables like output range, color management, VSync, GPU control, and A / V decoders among a host of other options.
- The only downside is its interface, which is outdated.
- Compatible: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000
Free download )
VLC Media Player
Probably the best video player in the world. VLC can play almost all multimedia formats. The application has great support for subtitles, equalizer, playback controls, and multimedia formats.
- If you need any features that you don’t currently have in the player, you may find a plugin for the task.
- VLC is open source, and it is available in two forms, the first is the traditional version, it runs as a desktop software, and the other is the Windows App, which is available in the Windows store.
- Although both versions have some similarity, I recommend downloading the traditional version as it has more features.
- Download VLC Player.
Often called KMP, the KM player is very similar to VLC. is a program that has a multitude of functions and support for almost all the main multimedia formats, including CD and DVD formats.
- The default user interface looks a bit better than VLC Media Player; The application also has good support for adjusting audio and subtitles. Other features include an audio and video capture system, the ability to switch between various display modes, and more.
- KM Player is completely free, and it is also available for Google Android.
- Download KMPlayer.
It is an open source media player that comes with the most popular codec to be able to play all media file formats on your PC. It also allows you to watch YouTube videos and download and use subtitles for your files.
- Some formats: avi, mp4, mkv, mpeg, mov, divx, h.264.
- Apply multiple themes
- Download subtitles from opensubtitles.org.
- Filters, speed changes, audio and video synchronization,
- Available for all versions of Windows and Linux.
- Download Free SMPlayer
It plays almost all types of multimedia formats, since it supports OpenCodec where you can add your own codec whenever you want. In addition, it uses hardware acceleration to provide users with a smooth media playback environment without lags.
- Compatible with 3D glasses
- Subtitle Support: Text Subtitles (SMI and SRT), Vobsub, Blu-ray
- Preview scenes
- Bookmark a scene or chapter
- Download Potplayer
It is a powerful player that brings unique functions for managing your videos and movies. It offers the option to download any video from the web to see its connection.
- Integrated converter. eg convert from MKV to .AVI, .MOV or .MP4
- Convert videos to audio formats.
- Put a password on videos
- Burn CDs.
- Watch videos on your PC on a SmartTV via Xbox One, Roku or Chromecast via Wi-Fi.
- Manage your multimedia catalog.
- Download RealPlayer
Best paid: CyberLink PowerDVD 19
If you have a home theater and you want to control all your multimedia content from a PC, this is the application you need to view your 4K videos with the best experience.
- Play 4K content and UHD, HDR10 Blu-ray Discs.
- Support for 360 degree content and virtual reality dr.
- Picture in Picture ( PIP ) view videos in a thumbnail while opening other apps.
- Supports 4K streaming with HDR.
- Cast content to another device: Chromecast , Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, etc.
Download | CyberLink.com | (Standard: $ 44.99 to Ultra: $ 99.99)
Bonus: Plex Player
Enough talking about simple video players, let’s talk about other interesting options. Plex is a home media server. After installation and setup, Plex can play movies stored on your PC to other Plex-enabled devices in your home. Among them mobile devices, SmartTV and other computers.
- Download Plex Player
- Tutorial: How to Create a Homemade Media Server