Testing Android on any computer is possible thanks to VirtualBox. A program that allows you to create virtual machines of any operating system. Among them is: Windows, Linux, Mac and Android.
This time we are going to see how to test Android and install applications with VirtualBox. I am going to do this tutorial with Windows 10 64Bits, but the process is the same for other versions of Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
If you have problems with the installation of Android in virtualbox, I recommend you go through this article: The 15 Best ANDROID Emulators for PC to see other very interesting options.
Download Virtualbox and ISO Image of Android x86 7.0
- Download Virtualbox 5.1 (Windows) (Direct Link)
- Download Virtualbox (All versions) (Official Page)
- Download Android x86 ISO Image (Direct Link)
How to Create a Virtual Machine
- Go to the official virtualbox page and select the link depending on your operating system. Windows, Linux, Mac.
- Double click on VirtualBox-5.X and follow the installation wizard.
- Click Finish to start the program. It is advisable to restart the computer so that later an error with virtualbox does not appear.
- How to Create a virtual Android Maqui
- Click on the «New» icon in virtualbox.
- Name the machine with «Android 7.0». In type select: Linux. In Version: Other Linux (32 or 64 bits) as the case may be.
- In memory size, I recommend 1GB of RAM onwards. Click next to continue. Select create a virtual hard drive and click on create.
- In the type of hard disk select «VDI» and in the type of storage select: «Dynamically reserved».
- Finally, select the location and size (8 / 16GB…) of the virtual hard disk. By default it will be saved in Local disk C / user folder / VirtualBox VMs.
How to configure virtual machine
Before continuing with the installation process, it is necessary to make some configurations on the virtual machine.
- Go to machine configurations and in the «system» section under the «processor» tab, increase the number of processors according to the amount you have available.
- In the screen section increase the video memory for greater fluency.
- in storage remove the dildo and add the virtual hard drive created above AND an optical drive as shown in the video tutorial.
How to Install Android 7.0 in VirtualBox 7.0
- Start the created virtual machine. Hit the Enter key on the installation option to continue.
- Select the first option (Create / Modify…) and press ok to continue.
- Select and YES in the confirmation message use GPT.
- Click on New – Primary – Leave the same size and Enter to return.
- On the next screen, tap on Bootable.
- Then click on “Write” and confirm by typing YES.
- Click «Quit» to exit.
- Now select the first option SDA1 – option 2 EXT4.
- Click on the messages YES – Yes – Skip – Yes to finish.
- Finally, in the Optical Drives Devices menu select delete disk from virtual drive.
- Restart the machine.
That’s it. After the virtual machine boots again, Android 7.0 will run.
As this version does not include Google Play Store, enter the browser and download the APK file of the applications you want to try.
What Applications do you recommend me to try ..? … .See these:
- Top 10 new apps for Android
- Top 10 new updated Android games