You have probably downloaded programs on your Windows PC that you have regretted later installed. Many of these programs have behaved in ways that you did not expect, and you are trying to uninstall but they do not stop or are not completely erased.
That being the case, let’s take a look at the 8 best free software uninstallers on Windows that you can try to get rid of unwanted programs on your PC.
IObit Uninstaller One of the most popular free software uninstaller programs for Windows PC.
- Uninstall programs, clean registry files, files and folders left behind by programs.
- Offers batch uninstallation.
- Remove toolbars, plugins, and browser extensions.
- Ability to uninstall Apps from Windows Store.
- Uninstall Windows Updates
- Free and paid programs.
- Download: IObit Uninstaller (Windows PC
5. Revo Uninstaller
Revo Uninstaller is one of the oldest and best-known names in the category, and it comes with a ton of features that very few of its competitors can match.
- Ability to monitor the software being installed in real time, so that it could revert all the changes made by the program that is being uninstalled.
- Uninstall programs through the command line.
- Batch uninstall, extended scan, and full registry backup, all of which can be found in IObit Uninstaller for free.
- Which is why the program is so far on our list despite being one of the most popular and well-known uninstaller software on the market.
- Download: Remo Unistaller (Windows PC)
GeekUninstaller comes with a clean, minimalist user interface and offers a good number of important features:
- Monitoring of the installation in real time.
- Management of startup programs.
- Batch uninstall.
- Forced uninstallation in the free version.
- Portable version, which only weighs 2MB
- Uninstall desktop and Windows Store apps.
3. Wise Program Uninstaller
Wise Program Uninstaller is a freeware application that comes with a few tricks up its sleeve.
- It offers ‘force uninstall’, which helps you to remove the programs that won’t be left.
- Batch uninstall.
- It is integrated into the context menu of the right button of Windows Explorer to uninstall it in one click.
- Uninstall Universal Applications from Windows, including some that are pre-installed by Microsoft. For example Skype.
- Categorize software based on user ratings and comments.
4. Ashampoo® UnInstaller
Ashampoo® UnInstaller It comes with a long list of features, but it does not have a free version.
- It has a defragmentation utility.
- A unit cleaner.
- A registry cleaner.
- It integrates with Windows Explorer to eliminate program with one click.
6. Absolute Uninstaller
Absolute Uninstaller comes from Glarysoft, the makers of popular programs like, Glary Utilities and Glary Undelete. It provides you with many of the same options as the other programs on the list, but unlike Revo and Ashampoo, this free program also offers you the option to uninstall programs in bulk.
CCleaner is the penultimate program on our list and is not just an uninstaller, as it has a variety of maintenance utilities for Windows.
- Registry Cleaner, Boot Manager, Hard Drive Cleaner and much more.
- Uninstall desktop programs and Apps from Windows Store.
- Remove browser plugins, add-ons, and extensions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.
8. Uninstalling Windows built-in
Now that we’ve taken a look at a bunch of third-party uninstaller programs, don’t forget that Windows has always had a built-in program uninstaller.
It does the job when it comes to regular programs, but the reason most people still look to third-party alternatives, is because it is clunky (Doesn’t delete leftover files and folders), unintuitive, and even ineffective (Can’t get rid of adware, scareware and other malicious programs).
However, you can use this Windows function if it is a simple program that for some reason does not allow you to install new programs. This function is found in Control Panel – Uninstall Programs.